OK.
It's time. Challenge given, challenge accepted.
I never thought it was going to be easy to start but I woke up motivated this morning. After all, it is the 1st of January and this will be my Lucky 13! Lucky because I will make it this way.
I was lucky enough in 2012 with little effort. Now it's the year where I am going to make it happen.
But motivation isn't everything. You need planning. And you need vision. But above all, you better be determined. This is noone else's dream. Nobody is going to exercise for you or congratulate you for doing nothing.
It all began with a stretching session of all muscles I could reach. Thanks to the time I was a very dedicated tennis coach I remember the sequences very well.
It took me 10 minutes to do all the stretching I judged necessary for the first day.
I hope I won't be in too much pain tomorrow.
1. I started the morning with a rather difficult task for me: Abdominals. I was never good at it and in my sincere opinion, the belly is supposed to look like a belly so I never bothered with it. Never!
50 Abs in 5 minutes, in series of 10, later transformed into series of 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
2. Straight after that, I went for something easier that most people do every day: Stairs.
Going up and downstairs 10 times. 10 x 17 = 170 stairs in 5 minutes.
3. Now it was time for something I was very familiar with. I always loved cycling and with a tool my wife bought a few months ago (and I always criticized her for doing so) I did what was left to my daily goal.
30 minutes on maximum resistance was enough for day 1.
Tomorrow is going to be a new set. Professional equipment and, hopefully, some guideance too.
I will enter the gates of hell, also known as GYM.
Current weight: 124.6 kg
Will Mr Sargeant be ready to join me and give my so needed support?
Abdominal work has it's place, and that place is it's own circle in hell! Well done!
ReplyDeleteI can't really see me taking up the abs as part of my routine.
I like the idea of putting the weight on the blog. I think I'll do that too.