Friday, 11 January 2013

Janathon - Day 11 (Having fun)

A long time ago I told myself that the only way to enjoy exercising is if you are having fun.
Tonight I proved that.

It was beer and nuts, as it is every Friday, and I didn't want to drink beer. Instead, I had a J20. But that isn't relevant. What is relevant is that after the beer and nuts some magic happens in that office and a dead area becomes alive.

It's Table Tennis time. Most of you will think this is boring, but I like to play at a very competitive level.
Since when I was 18 and I used to work for a steel company in Brazil, when we used to play during lunch times with the machine operators and people from all over the plant, I played quite a few times but nowhere compared to the daily appointment with the racquet, ball and table. 

So I played for 2 hours with Andy, Sam and a whole lot of other fellas who play regularly (lucky bastards with a table tennis table in the office - I am sure there is space for one in Dexter House). I was still sweating when I got home!

Exactly! Nearly 2 hours of non-stop activity - plus a 15 minute fast paced walk from one office to the other -  should count for my Janathon, shouldn't it? 

I also started to use an app called MyFitness Pal, to help me control my calories and the food I eat... It also estimates the amount of energy spent on an exercise.
I have to confess that my calorie intake on my lunch time was enough to explode the app calculation capability. I had the all good 'Grilled Nachos with Barbacoa Beef' from that Mexican place at Minories. 

That is my favourite food in that area. But it comes at a cost - nearly 1500 calories. One one meal!!!

Strangely enough, the scale must have showed me something really bad this morning, or I was in a deep sleep state because I can't remember how heavy I was. Good thing is that I checked again now and it was showing 121,1kg. This means my weight is gonna go down during my sleep.

As far as Janathon is concerned, I am still a contender. Tomorrow seems like it will be a busy day at the Forest Hill Pools. I will tell you how it went.

Thanks a million for the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment