The Commitment
When I received an e-mail from Mr. Lengthorn about Janathon, I had no idea what was going through my mind. I was probably focused on something important, something that could only be done on that moment. It is so that my instinct of not leaving a single unread e-mail in my inbox took over and I replied straight away saying "Count me in".
If I at least thought about it for a second before replying, I would put myself in a comfort zone again, keeping my idleness and laziness in focus and declining any possibility of a month of exercising. I would remind myself of all the good moments I spent in front of the TV in 2012 just being passive and wasting my life as it went in front of my eyes, through the window where people run or cycle pass every day or even on the TV watching people doing all sorts of sports activities.
What the hell?! I love sport! That is all I watch on TV. That is something I am so interested in that I could do all sports just for the fun of it, even if I am not particularly good at. I can play tennis, football, american football, table tennis, martial arts, swimming, cycling, racing. They are all something I love, but why couldn't I do something like this in a long time?
This is what I am going to find out during the month of January 2013 and, hopefully, throughout the year. I will try all sorts of activities. Gym, Street, even that PS3 game my wife bought when she started exercising, going up and downstairs, anything.
Now I can only thank myself for being so impulsive in replying that e-mail and get on with my commitment.
I am hoping for the best outcome as I have no intentions to give up.
My Goal: Exercise AT LEAST 45 minutes every day for 31 days.
My Target: Keep doing this for the rest of the year on a regular basis. At least 4 days a week.
Current weight: Approx. 125 kg
Well, wish me luck (and strenght).
No comments:
Post a Comment