On last night’s post, I said the scale was showing 120,9kg.
I was really happy to see some great progress but it seems that my body has
reclaimed most of the energy I consumed in the last couple of days and
therefore, this morning I weighted 121,5kg.
I am very used to daily fluctuations but that hit me like a
hard message.
What I got from that? I need to do better. Train harder and commit
to my dietary rules strongly.
Remember when I said about determination in my first post? And
when I mentioned that my target is to be able to cycle to work every day? Well,
tonight, I put myself to a test.
Few of you know that I used to cycle a lot. I mean, not as
much as Wiggins or Cavendish, but I had my good moments on top of a skinny
(that’s how we intimately call our bikes back home – or ‘magrela’ for those interested in the real term in Portuguese).
My dad (my real dad, not my biological father) used to say
that I used my bikes up to the limit. Up to the point where there was no
maintenance capable of saving them. Well, honestly, there were ways of saving
my bikes. So it is that as far as I am concerned, after I left my parents house
the bikes were still there being used by whoever fancied an adventure. Not expensive
bikes, though. They never were.
The test I was referring to was basically try to increase my
limits and constantly reach the optimum rhythm, varying from high speed to hill
climbing, I wanted to reach 10 miles before my 45 minutes mark.
Before I start with the details of what I achieved, I never
thought about skipping this day of exercise. Not even when I realised I had
forgotten my trainers in the office and I would have to do everything on my
working shoes…
So I mounted and started my normal rhythm, 5 minutes normal
speed, 1 minute hill climbing, 1 minute high speed.
Without ever feeling any pain on my legs or soul, I reached
10 miles in 38 minutes. Always varying and trying to simulate real conditions
on my route to work. Even on the so feared Champion Hill.
I am hoping to continue with the motivation up there. Thanks
for helping me do that!
I think it's great you have this motivation!! But don't be so hard on yourself because the weight really changes up or down every day... especially in the first days that typically lose more water than fat and you can see you're getting less swollen. That's why doctors say it's so not good to check the weight every day...
ReplyDeleteAudrey
I seriously would not worry about weight changes within a day. Your weight could go up/down by easily up to 1.5 to 2kg, it does not mean anything.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed though, you're doing great!
Keep going!
Cecile :)