Friday, 1 February 2013

Janathon - Days 30 & 31 (The end is the beginning is the end)

Yes, you read it right.
Janathon has come to an end. These were the most active days I had in a long time. I overcame (temporarily) my aversion to gyms, improved my resistance, got closer to my ideal weight and prepared myself to start cycling to work.
I haven't asked for donations like most of my colleagues, but I am sure they will raise a considerable amount of help to SOS Children.
Like I've said previously, Janathon will not be completely over for me in January. I will continue to exercise and with the winter almost over, it will be time to go outdoors and do the things I like the most: playing tennis, cycling and maybe with some good effort playing football.
It was very good to have the commitment of Janathon. You feel you're not alone pursuing something that will benefit you immensely.
I changed the way I eat, the way I perceive food and more importantly the way my body responds to junk food when I've been away from it for a time.
Once in a while I allow myself some extravaganza because nobody likes to stay away from the things they enjoy the most: In my case, sweet stuff.
I felt like losing between 8-9kg in a month had a huge impact on my clothes and if I continue to go down this road, I am either have to come to work looking like a clown on the clothes I have now, or I am going to have to buy some new suits and shirts.
My belt already lost his fight. With 25 days into Janathon, I had to cut it so my trousers don't fall off every 5 minutes.
I know I am far away from the ideal 95kg I aspire and it might take a long time to win this war. However, this feels like a small victory towards the end of the journey and it is lie the first battle is over.
I would like to thank everyone who kept pushing me and especially my wife for helping me, sometimes without even noticing.
The last couple of days in the gym were very productive.
30 minutes on the bike were enough to do 8 and 8,25 miles respectively. Always trying to reproduce the real hill conditions I would face on my daily commute.
Again, thanks and if you want to read about other stuff, I will maintain this blog more generic.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment